Here Together We Are Leading The Way - Helping Dogs All Around The World!

This is my personal blog site, and the "hub" for sharing experiences with you. Here I advocate Cesar Millan's philosophy and ways, sharing success with you all and in the community too! Here there are many tips from my own experiences leading a pack and as a professionaly qualified Behaviourist. Bonus - some extra special insight gained from working for Cesar Millan during the UK Live Tour 2010 as Dog Handler.

For more about my professional services, please do go over to my web site:

http://www.suziecrystaldogs.com/

WELCOME TO CRYSTALDOGS - WE ARE "ALWAYS DOGS FOR ALL DOGS"!

WELCOME TO CRYSTALDOGS - WE ARE "ALWAYS DOGS FOR ALL DOGS"!
It's a "Dog's Life" - 2 pack members swimming in the sea - Ava & PeterPan - "contented canines"!

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Safi helped by pack!





Safi arrived into the pack as a foster for rehabilitation, a beautiful looking GWP yet a rescue dog at only 9months! Here she is with her "mentor" Max my balanced Dobey, to find out more about the top photo see the end of this post! Safi was rescued by GWP Rescue UK, thanks to this organisation for being there to help rescue dogs like Safi finding them both foster and forever homes.



Safi had some key problems, she would bark, be destructive (as my ex-blinds would soon find out) and toilet when left alone. This one needed the pack to help out by showing her how to behave when left, within weeks she rests well at such times and no acting-out...thanks Pack now I have new blinds!

She was also crate phobic, having spent much of her life in a kennel, this is still a work in progress, she can be calm in the crate now for about 20minutes, we gradually increase this with daily practise!

In the beginning Safi was leashed to me or dragging a leash while she learned the home rules, between the pack and I Safi has graduated and no longer needs any such leash boundary. A work in progress is Safi seeing my pet rabbit having his free time run around, this fires up her preydrive via my window she stares...points at him....we are working on this one...calm submissive around my bunny...in time with practise and consistency....much patience...we will succeed!

Food aggressive to other dogs - Oh yes we found this out quickly, but mainly due to her being so very under-weight! Now we have found a food that suits her she is putting weight on - previously no solid poop was not good ...for me or her! Some rehab from me and again lessons in eating together from the pack and food aggression cured!

The main thing for me was the pack accepting this new member - particularly my high ranked dogs like Max, as you can see from the photo that is "job done!" Max spends much time washing her ears and showing her how to run the beaches, Max now 7 looks real slow next to this fast GWP! Safi has learned how to play "gently" with our Chihuahua puppy Ava - they are about the same age, so another good in-pack moment. Safi is respectful to the older females...the matriarchs Patsy and Eddie, Absolutely Fabulous...yes another dog named after characters from this fab TV series...Safi!

Which all means...Safi is no longer a foster, she is a full pack member now and she is much rehabilitated so that she works many cases with me helping other dogs gain balance, she is now our "super stooge dog"! So from a rescue dog to a dog who helps others, again the power of the pack at work. Older dogs and balanced pack members can always show the way to younger or other less balanced dogs!

Safi has taught me so much too, especially about this breed....always ready to learn from my dogs!

So the photo with Monty my Gt Dane, well Monty does not normally take to new dogs preferring to be left alone with the dogs he knows...well he has with Safi as you can see he is her cushion - so she stays with us as her forever home!

Beautiful Balance - these photos show how dogs resting together

can be so bonding!




No comments: