Here Together We Are Leading The Way - Helping Dogs All Around The World!

This is my personal blog site, and the "hub" for sharing experiences with you. Here I advocate Cesar Millan's philosophy and ways, sharing success with you all and in the community too! Here there are many tips from my own experiences leading a pack and as a professionaly qualified Behaviourist. Bonus - some extra special insight gained from working for Cesar Millan during the UK Live Tour 2010 as Dog Handler.

For more about my professional services, please do go over to my web site:

http://www.suziecrystaldogs.com/

WELCOME TO CRYSTALDOGS - WE ARE "ALWAYS DOGS FOR ALL DOGS"!

WELCOME TO CRYSTALDOGS - WE ARE "ALWAYS DOGS FOR ALL DOGS"!
It's a "Dog's Life" - 2 pack members swimming in the sea - Ava & PeterPan - "contented canines"!

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Meet a Pack - USA!


Hello all, and Thank you to Jen for her lovely comment here in reply to my last post.

Here is a great picture for all of you, showing how balanced and calm power breed dogs can be, when they have structure and a balanced life with a calm assertive Pack Leader. Jen's 2 dogs, on the left looking at the photo, and 3 clients on the right.

Remember Cesar's fulfillment formula - Exercise, Discipline then affection - it works when we work it!

With my pack's exercise, we do more on-leash than off now as inspired by Jen, this gives my dogs a greater mental workout, not just a physical one! I add back-packs to increase the mental challenge.

Truly I have seen improvements already, the pack are more relaxed, even PeterPan! We do 75% on-leash with 25% off-leash in the middle.....as a reward for walking well next to me. This more structured way is the way to bond - as one pack!

So when my Terriers are off-leash now, do they still run off after small rodents? NO! Amazing - they follow me and my ways off-leash too! This calmer way meets their needs, so can indeed block breed instinct. They are all super-tired in the afternoons!
*********************************************
So if your dog is still not tired after a walk off-leash - try changing the structure and increase on-leash work-out! Free roaming or running is not as "natural" as we humans may think it is for Species Dog!

Pack Walking - It is the Way to Walk!

No comments: